My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Colorful Lentils

I'm sorry I haven't posted about my kitchen attempts in a while. I've just been pretty boring in my "cooking," if you can call it that. Pasta and salad. All day every day. So it was time for a change.

My cooking adventure for the day was inspired by this. I headed to Billa this morning in search of all the ingredients. Being unable to find about half, and then later being too lazy to use anything but the stove top, I put a "new spin" on the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • yellow and red pepper
  • red onion
  • lentils
  • pesto
  • olive oil
  • garlic powder
  • thyme
  • cheese (it's not labeled — some sort of mozzarella relative I would assume)


1. Wash veggies

2. Slice and dice veggies
3. Sautee!

4. Heat Lentils

5. Drain and put in bowl

6. Heat pesto and pour over lentils

7. Add veggies, garlic powder and thyme
8. Top with cheese and enjoy!



Only other tip: Don't add too much olive oil. It's a little (very) challenging to drain.
For being a guess-and-add approach, it was far better than I expected. Worth giving it a try for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment