My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A weekend in Firenze

For the first time in quite a while, I don't have plans for the weekend. I'd really like to go to San Gimignano for a day but can't find anyone to accompany me. Jess has her parents in town; a few people are in Spain; several more are going to Cinque Terre;
At first I was a little disappointed. Why can't I go somewhere cool this weekend? Then two things occurred to me like a palm to my forehead:
1. I am somewhere. I'm in Florence. Florence. And the weather is gorgeous.
2. Who says I can't go somewhere this weekend anyway? Ryan went to San Gimignano on his own. Why shouldn't I?
I just might.
But first, it's high time I finally go into Santa Croce... and a few other places. (Incase you didn't see, I now have an ever-evolving Italy Bucket List on the right side of my page).
I'm off to Santa Croce with Jess and her parents. Then I think I'll go to Galeria dell'Academia and gaze at Michelangelo's David and perhaps end the day on the piazza named after him.
Somewhere in there I need to go to a camera store to have someone look at my broken lens, which is the reason I haven't been posting photos of the day this week. I have a couple I'll put up later.
Hopefully it's a cheap fix.


Avete una buona giornata

No comments:

Post a Comment