My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Never again will I eat pasta sauce from a jar

Yesterday afternoon, Caitlin and I recreated one of Tuesday night's cooking lessons: sugo all'aglione, or fresh tomato and garlic sauce.
Even with the subpar tomatoes I bought at Metá, it was delicious. Plus it's incredibly easy.


Heat olive oil with a couple of slices of garlic. If you're feeling snazzy, sautee some onions as well.
Blanch some tomatoes (fancy food talk for boil them for 30 seconds).
Peel the skin and slice them. Add tomatoes to the olive oil and let it all simmer for a while.

Remove pieces of garlic before serving. Pour sauce over whatever 75 cent noodles you have laying around.
Voilà!


No comments:

Post a Comment