My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

After graduating college, my mom and her friend Barb backpacked through Europe in 1982.
I decided to make it my mission to retake these pictures while studying abroad. So over Christmas break, I began transferring her 35mm slides to digital files one by one.
As a bonus, she gave me her journal from the trip. Once I get a chance to read it in its entirety, I will add excerpts (with your permission, mom) and explain what I was doing as well.
Until then, I will post pictures. Enjoy my view, exactly 30 years later.


Note: Although I will do my best, I refuse to stress over the exact angle and right lighting of these pictures. I don't have the time or the patience, and quite frankly, I hope to leave such compulsive behavior behind me.
Please enjoy the closest I can find to my mother's view.


The Rape of the Sabine Women, Firenze




Piazza dei Miracoli, Pisa





Duomo, Pisa





Torre di Pisa





Fountain of Neptune, Firenze





Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze





Duomo, Firenze


No comments:

Post a Comment