My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I've been incredibly lucky throughout my college career when it comes to roommates.
The girl I lived with freshman year was a blast. She was very sweet, and I can't remember having any problems. Unfortunately she transferred elsewhere. But my best friend, Allison, ended up moving into that same room with me sophomore year. She is the perfect blend of nuts, carefree and kind and one of the greatest people I've ever known.  This year we moved off campus to a small apartment where we still share a room and are yet to have any serious issues with each other.
It looks like that luck is continuing in Italy with Caitlin. I was her assigning editor last semester. We were barely starting to shed the professional titles to become friends when she told me she was doing the Florence program in Spring 2012. I almost knocked my chair over as I jumped up and loudly proclaimed my excitement. I'm pretty sure I startled her.

I don't think either of us expected we'd be where we are now. We've gotten a lot closer this semester after she became an assigning editor. She spent most of the day yesterday at my house studying for our Italian exam with me — the exam I am partially avoiding studying right now. I quickly began to realize this girl is as strange as I am, which is always a compliment. Plus she's just an all-around sweetheart.
Caitlin, two things:
  1. I'm sorry for being an intimidating jerk of an editor so we couldn't become friends sooner.
  2. I can't wait to live with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment