My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Is this really happening?

It hit me this morning just how lucky I am. As I've expressed many times before, I can hardly believe this is happening.
So, thank you to mumsie and pops, who are doing everything they can to help finance the trip.
     ...to all of my relatives whose birthday and holiday checks have helped build my savings.
     ...to Don Williams, dean of the Honors College, who helped find an extra scholarship for me last summer when I wasn't sure if I would be able to go otherwise.
     ...to all the other donors whose scholarships are now helping me not only attend college, but also study abroad.
     ...to Ryan Collins and all other Italy alums, who have convinced me (without too much effort) that this will all be worth it.
     ...to Deborah Davis, coordinator of international programs, for getting all of us organized and making sure this would actually happen.
     ...to my friends who have put up with my constant excitement.
     ...and to anyone else I forgot.

Thank you. This is so surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment