My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"I'll see you in August."

It's a strange thing to find myself saying.
As finals wind down, my friends are slowly leaving Kent for winter break. I feel like I don't have enough time to properly say goodbye to them all.
This morning I went on my first of what I'm sure will be many goodbye coffee dates this week. Ryan came prepared with a list of tips for Italy and helped me brainstorm everywhere I need to go. I will expand the list in the next couple of weeks now that I finally have time to do my own research.


It's such a bittersweet week. I'm glad to be done with finals, and I'm excited to go home to my family and friends in Grand Haven. But it's hard to fathom that this is likely the last time I will see some of my friends for over half a year — and maybe even the last time I'll see some of the seniors who graduate next week or in May.
I will miss you all.
Yet I know in five months, I won't want to come back.


25 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment