My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The best-laid plans...

I had so many hopes for this blog, but alas, as usual, student media throws a wrench in everything. This semester has been a whirlwind of chaos.
Every time I walk back into my apartment, I think to myself, "Oh, I should finish decorating tomorrow. I have posters and pictures to put up." That became futile a couple of weeks ago. At this point I might as well start removing what I did manage to put up. I'm always distressed by how fast this semester is going — until I remember what comes after it. And even this isn't fast enough.


I've spent most of my free internet time developing my new website: lydiacoutre.com
Not much of an excuse for neglecting this blog, but my focus in the past couple of months has been on finding an internship for next semester, and the website was a necessary step in that process. Please check it out!


But what's really important here: 59 days until I am in Florence.
With a $60 expedite fee, I got my passport renewed in time to send out for my visa, which came back this week.  Last Friday, several students who studied abroad last semester visited our Florence orientation class. It's feeling more and more real, and I couldn't be more excited. I looked up my seats on US Airways today.
I think I need this more than I can even fathom. I'm in a rut here. As much as I love Kent, I am stir-crazy. I need something new.




My friend Ryan Collins studied in Florence a year ago. I asked him to send me some of his favorite pictures, and he sent me these:









Is it January yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment